Wednesday, August 17, 2011

"Sueville Album" top is together


Here is my completed "Sueville Album" top! I used the star blocks from Stars and Sprigs as inspiration for my border treatment. To keep with the RA theme, I designed applique blocks for the corners using some elements from Kim's pattern with twists of my own once again. I am so pleased with how it came out. I plan to bind the finished top in the blue polka dot but would like input as to whether I should add another 2" border of the polka dot before adding the binding. What do you all think? Will that be too much blue polka dots?? Thank you Kim for your beautiful designs - they are so much fun to work with. Thank you also for following the blogs and embracing our alterations to your designs with such enthusiasm and support. Now I have to decide which one to do next!!

12 comments:

  1. It is so pretty, the colors are fresh and summery. I love how you put stars in the border, great idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quilt. I personally wouldn't add a 2" wide border... Oh wait... I take that back. I think adding the blue all around and have the binding that blue too... so that the strip and binding together is the same width as the sashing strips.

    Pinkadot called it... this is very 'Fresh'! Pat yourself on the back for a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is stunning Giraffegirl. I love how you have taken Kim's beautiful designs and made them into your own. The colours are lovely too. I think another strip of blue polka with the blue polka binding would look great. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is really lovely with the stars in the border.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think what you did is absolutely beautiful, I love it. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your applique really is GLORIOUS!!! Gorgeous. I love this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your quilt with the sunbonnet sues and the stars, it looks very summery! I'm with Cathy, I think another blue border the same width would probably " contain" the quilt and the blue binding would look lovely. Well done! Kim McL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you've done with this pattern! The stars in the borders look fantastic. Your corner blocks are sweet. This is really a fun adaptation. I think the blue polka dot border would like very nice. "Too much blue polka dots"..is that possible? You can never have too many polka dots IMHO! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just absolutely stunning! The fabrics and colors are so pretty together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous and love your personal alterations lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous! Couldn't be any cuter. Love how you have incorporated the star blocks, and the Sunbonnet Sues are just "brilliant".

    ReplyDelete
  12. I with Cathy and Kim. Make a thin blue border to go with the binding.

    ReplyDelete